Go to Home

Tourist, Transit & Work Permits

Aboriginal land is privately owned. It is not Crown land, nor public land.

Like other landowners in Australia, Aboriginal people have the legal right to grant or refuse permission to people wishing to enter or travel through their land.

A permit is a written permission from the traditional owners to enter the private land of a family or group of Aboriginal people.

The permit system is designed to help protect the privacy of Aboriginal communities, preserve Aboriginal culture, safeguard the natural environment and promote visitor safety.

Below is the application form for a work (excluding research or media), transit or tourist permit, available in both electronic and PDF formats.

It is strongly advised you read the Frequently Asked Questions before completing your application form.

Work, Transit or Tourist Permit Applciation Form:

Electronic version
Printable PDF version
Printable Word doc version